Del tema a la idea al tratamiento…nace la mirada.
“The camera has to be completely subjective, not just moving freely in space observing action as a third person. …The lens becomes the human eye… The experiment was finally stopped when we realized that it would be too expensive to do it properly.” J.I.
“I learned that when you film repetitive movement such as the action of a counterweight on the bridge, you have to observe this for a longer time and with greater attention than you would think. I learned from The Bridge that prolonged and creative observation is the only way to be sure of selecting, emphasising, and squeezing everything possible out of the rich reality in front of you. The filmmaker’s discovery that he was not smart enough the day before is more depressing than in any other medium of art… Space, light, height, wind and open air does not appear in a shot of its own accord, it has to be put there. There are lots of in between stages from shooting to public projection – developing, printing, editing, commentary, sound effects, music. At each stage the effect of the shot can be changed but the basic content must be in the shot to begin with” J.I.
“I was surprised to find that many people automatically assumed that any documentary film would inevitably be objective. …Do we demand objectivity in the evidence presented at a trial? No, the only demand is that each piece of evidence be as full a subjective, truthful, honest presentation of the witness’s attitude as an oath on the Bible can produce from him.”
Explorar el proyecto Ciudad Merced en el siguiente orden:
- Entrar a ciudadmerced.mx y revisar el libro.
- Ver la película Ciudad Merced
- Explorar la narrativa web desde ciudadmerced.mx
Pensar en las siguientes preguntas:
- ¿Qué momentos de la investigación identifican? ¿Cómo se desarrolla cada uno de ellos, qué aspectos de la realidad (Barrio de la Merced) exploran?
- ¿Qué tipos de temáticas y relaciones se trabajan en este proyecto (comparaciones de escala, ritmo, dimensión, velocidad, naturaleza, etc)?
- ¿Cuáles son algunos puntos ciegos?